Back to Articles
Men’s Tennis takes two from Loyola New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana Men's Tennis took two matches from Loyola New Orleans, taking both contests by 4-0 in New Orleans on Saturday afternoon.
Louisiana's two victories pushes it over the .500 mark for the 10th time in Mark Jeffrey's tenure as head coach.
Louisiana won nine singles matches on the day and did not play doubles. Xandy Hammitt, Grant Landreth and Oriol Fillat Gimenez were the three Ragin' Cajuns who collected two wins on Saturday.
Louisiana's next match will take place at the Sun Belt Conference tournament in Atlanta on April 23 and running through April 25.
1. Karlo Kajin vs. Aubin Duchier (LOYNO) 4-6, 2-5, unfinished
2. Alejandro Sanchez Gonzalez vs. Tiger Cheung (LOYNO) 3-6, 6-4, unfinished
3. Oriol Fillat Gimenez (LA) def. Samuel Marin (LOYNO) 6-0, 6-2
4. Alejo Ferrer Chueca (LA) def. Theo Debackere (LOYNO) 6-3, 6-0
5. Xandy Hammitt (LA) def. Herman Aure (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-2
6. Grant Landreth (LA) def. Ernesto Telles (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-2
Order of finish: 3, 5, 6
1. Ivalo Keremedchiev (LA) vs. Aubin Duchier (LOYNO) unfinished
2. Karlo Kajin (LA) vs. Theo Debackere (LOYNO) unfinished
3. Alejandro Sanchez Gonzalez (LA) def. Samuel Marin (LOYNO) 6-0, 6-0
4. Oriol Fillat Gimenez (LA) def. Herman Aure (LOYNO) 6-1, 2-0, ret.
5. Xandy Hammitt (LA) def. Ernesto Telles (LOYNO) 6-1, 6-0
6. LA wins by default.
Order of finish: 6, 5, 3, 4
Send this Page to a Friend!