Back to Articles
Women’s Tennis Remains Perfect at Home with 4-0 Sweep of Texas State
Christina Jordan clinches match to secure fifth-straight home victory
BOX SCORE (PDF)
LAFAYETTE – Louisiana Women's Tennis extended its home winning streak to five matches after it picked up an impressive 4-0 victory over Texas State on Saturday morning.
For the first time since March 18, 2006, the Ragin' Cajuns (7-4, 3-1 Sun Belt) were victorious over the Bobcats in Lafayette, while the win was also the team's first over Texas State since a 4-1 decision on March 24, 2018.
As it did in its other four home matches, Louisiana got off to a quick start by securing the doubles point. Lucie Raquin and Dana Radovanovic cruised to a 6-0 victory on Court 3, allowing Isabella Kierkegaard and Christina Jordan to clinch the point with a 6-1 win over Chacadya Israel-Lewis and Nikita Pradeep.
Clara Mantaux was first off the court in singles play, picking up a 6-2, 6-3, win over Rishona Israel-Lewis on Court 2. Radovanovic, who was celebrating her birthday, put Louisiana ahead 3-0 by defeating Renata Gonzalez, 6-4, 6-1 on Court 6.
Needing a clutch victory to secure the match, Jordan prevailed in a second-set tie breaker on Court 4 to inch past Sofia Murcia-Rodriguez, 6-4, 7-6 (7-1), and lock up the 4-0 sweep.
Louisiana returns to action on Sunday, April 4, when it hosts UT Arlington at Cajun Courts beginning at 10 a.m. Fans can follow all of the action through live stats by clicking here.
1. Picaut (LA) vs. Kvapilova (TXST) 6-3, 3-6, 1-0, unfinished
2. Mantaux (LA) def. R. Israel-Lewis (TXST) 6-2, 6-3
3. Raquin (LA) vs. Pradeep (TXST) 6-1, 6-6, unfinished
4. Jordan (LA) def. Murcia-Rodriguez (TXST) 6-4, 7-6 (7-1)
5. Kierkegaard (LA) vs. C. Israel-Lewis (TXST) 4-6, 6-3, unfinished
6. Radovanovic, Dana (LA) def. Gonzalez (TXST) 6-4, 6-1
1. Picaut/Mantaux (LA) vs. R. Israel-Lewis/Kvapilova (TXST) 5-3, unfinished
2. Kierkegaard/Jordan (LA) def. C. Israel-Lewis/Pradeep (TXST) 6-1
3. Raquin/Radovanovic (LA) def. Gonzalez/Murcia-Rodriguez (TXST) 6-0
Order of Finish
Doubles (3,2); Singles (2,6,4)
Send this Page to a Friend!