Back to Articles
Softball: Louisiana Outburst Spearheaded by Dalton and Rawls
No. 15 Louisiana topped Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 21-0 to remain unbeaten on Opening Weekend
LAFAYETTE – The offense remained hot and Kandra Lamb pitched another no-hitter in 15th-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball's 21-0 (5 inn.) win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in front of 1,887 fan on Saturday at Lamson Park.
Alissa Dalton and Julie Rawls each delivered a career-high six RBI in pacing Louisiana (4-0) to its third consecutive double-digit scoring output.
The Ragin' Cajuns lineup scored at least four runs in each at bat while Lamb extended her streak of consecutive scoreless innings pitched to begin her collegiate career to 10.
LEADING THE RAGIN' CAJUNS
Both Dalton (grand slam) and Rawls (3-run HR) contributed to Louisiana's total of three home runs in the contest. Through the first four games the Ragin' Cajuns have launched eight home runs.
Dalton joined Sarah Hudek in scoring a team-high four runs. The duo was part of a group of six different players to score multiple runs.
Raina O'Neal delivered her third consecutive three-hit contest (3-for-4, 3 runs, 1 RBI). The sophomore transfer from Texas Tech is hitting .714 (10-for-14) and has at least one RBI in each game on the young season.
O'Neal, Bailey Curry and Kara Gremillion each extended their season-opening hitting streak to four games. Curry drove home two runs for her team-leading third multiple-RBI outing.
Lamb struck out 11 batters and faced only two over the minimum. She didn't allow a TAMUCC runner to reach base until the fourth inning (two-out walk).
KEY MOMENTS OF THE GAME
- Louisiana pushed across six runs before the Islanders could record an out in the first inning. A two-run double from Dalton and two-run single by Rawls fueled the early surge.
- The first four Louisiana batters in the second inning reached base resulting in an additional four runs which pushed the lead into double figures.
- Rawls connected on her first home run as a Ragin' Cajun in the third inning, a no-doubter over the scoreboard in right field that increased the lead to 15-0.
- Dalton capped off the scoring in the fourth inning with her first career grand slam home run.
Louisiana has the day off on Sunday before closing out play in the Ragin' Cajuns Classic with a 4 p.m. doubleheader against Pac-12 foe California on Monday at Lamson Park.
Both games will be live streamed at RaginCajuns.com/Watch with Dan McDonald calling the action. Fans can also listen to all of the action called by Steve Peloquin and Bobby Neveaux on SportsRadio ESPN 1420-AM.
SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE
• Season tickets, beginning at $100, are available online at RaginCajuns.com using Account Manager, by calling the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at (337) 265-2170 or by visiting the ticket office in person Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and extended hours during Ragin' Cajuns basketball events.
• Fans who purchase season tickets receive priority access for any potential NCAA postseason games held at Lamson Park.
• For information on premium seating and parking at Lamson Park, contact the Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation (RCAF) at (337) 851-2903. General admission parking at Cajun Field will be free for all games during the 2019 season.
- www.RaginCajuns.com -
Send this Page to a Friend!