Men's Basketball: Gant Shares LSWA Monthly Honors
Matt Sullivan, Associate Director of Athletics Communications
Story LinksBATON ROUGE – After an impressive opening to the 2018-19 season, Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns forward JaKeenan Gant was named on Monday by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association as its college basketball co-player of the Month for November in a release by the organization.
During the Ragin' Cajuns seven games in November, Gant averaged 17.0 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.0 steals and 2.1 blocks per game.
The 6-foot-8 forward, who was recently one of 49 players named to the Lou Henson Award Watch List, scored in double figures for Louisiana, including a season-high 19 twice. Gant scored 18 points in back-to-back games against No. 6 Tennessee and No. 2 Kansas and finished the month ranked among the Sun Belt Conference leaders in scoring, rebounds, field goal percentage while leading the league in blocked shots.
Gant posted a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds in a win over Tulane to conclude the Gulf Coast Showcase in Ft. Myers, Fla. The win by the Ragin' Cajuns was their first over the Green Wave since 1935 - a span of 12 games which included five meetings since the end of WWII.
The Springfield, Ga., native joins Gonzaga's Brandon Clarke as the only players in Division I to currently average at least 17 points, seven rebounds and three blocks. On the season, Gant is averaging a team-high 17.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game.
SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE
• Season tickets, beginning at $100, are available online at RaginCajuns.com using Account Manager, or by calling the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at (337) 265-2357.
• All current UL faculty and staff, along with recent graduates (within the last five years), can purchase season tickets at a 50-percent discount to cheer on the Ragin' Cajuns during the 2018-19 season at the Cajundome.
• The special package will allow recent graduates of Louisiana to purchase tickets in sections 101-103. Discounts will be applied upon confirmation of graduate status by the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office.
GET YOUR PASSPORT
• The game against Southern is part of the "Louisiana Passport," which will recognize Ragin' Cajuns fans who attend all eight of Louisiana's scheduled games against in-state opponents during the 2018-19 season.
• Each game, beginning with the Ragin' Cajuns Nov. 28 game at New Orleans, fans will get their passport stamped at a location to be determined. In-state games for the Ragin' Cajuns include home games against Southern (Dec. 1), Loyola (Dec. 5), Louisiana Tech (Dec. 15) and ULM (Feb. 16), with additional road games slated against McNeese State (Dec. 18), Southeastern Louisiana (Dec. 29) and ULM (Jan. 19).
• At Louisiana's game against ULM at the Cajundome on Feb. 16, those who have a completed passport with eight stamps will be recognized on the court at some point during the game.
• For more information on tickets, contact the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at (337) 265-2357. For information concerning parking, contact the RCAF at (337) 851-2903.
FOLLOW THE RAGIN' CAJUNS
Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter (@RaginCajunsMBB), Facebook (RaginCajunsMBB) or Instagram (@RaginCajunsMBB) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Men's Basketball.