Back to Articles
Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Hall of Fame Nominations Sought
The Ragin’ Cajuns Department of Athletics is currently seeking nominations for the Ragin’ Cajuns Athletic Hall of Fame. The University of Louisiana has produced outstanding student- athletes over the years, and countless coaches and administrators have played major roles in the many successes of the athletics program. The Ragin’ Cajuns Athletic Hall of Fame provides a means of honoring those who have greatly distinguished themselves and the university.
Categories of Nominees
- Student-Athlete – preferably a graduate of the University or a student-athlete whose eligibility has expired, a student-athlete who entered the professional ranks prior to expiration of eligibility or a student-athlete who did not complete eligibility with appropriate reasons (ex. Injury). Eligibility would commence five (5) years from graduation or the end of athletic competition at the University. For those former student-athletes whose nominations are based on outstanding achievement in their professional career, eligibility would commence three (3) years after competition on the professional level.
- Coach – Eligible for nomination five (5) years after retirement or end of association with the University having attained a minimum of five (5) years of service to the University.
- Administrator – Eligible for nomination five (5) years after retirement or end of association with the University having attained a minimum of ten (10) years of service to the University.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination to the Athletic Hall of Fame
Nominations of student-athletes, coaches or administrators to the Hall of Fame shall be considered by the Ragin’ Cajuns Lettermen Club Board of Directors based on the nominee’s dedication and performance while at the University or through their professional career. Those items listed below are desirable attributes and may serve as a guideline for consideration by the Board, however, the Board shall have authority, with concurrence by the Director of Athletics and University President, to waive specific requirements if deemed appropriate, warranted and/or justified:
- Have earned a baccalaureate, professional or graduate degree from UL Lafayette or other accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have earned varsity letters and participated at two (2) years of athletic competition at SLI/USL/UL Lafayette.
- Have gained distinction through superlative performance as a student-athlete at the University with recognition of All-Conference, All-American, or Olympian; or with significant achievement and recognition on the professional level. In the absence of a conference affiliation at the time of participation in University athletics, the student-athlete must have achieved significant regional or national recognition.
- Have gained distinction as a Coach with appropriate conference or national recognition.
- Have made significant achievements, accomplishments or contributions to the University as an Administrator during their tenure or career.
- Have shown that they possess sound character and outstanding qualities of sportsmanship and leadership.
- Have represented the University with dignity and respect, either while at the University, during their professional career and afterwards as stewards of continued support for the University.
Completed nomination forms should be sent to Melissa Minton via mail or email. All nominations sent via mail must be postmarked one week prior to deadline.
Mail: Ragin’ Cajuns Hall of Fame
c/o Melissa Minton
537 Cajundome Blvd, Suite 239
Lafayette, LA 70506
Email: Melissa Minton – RCHOF@louisiana.edu
DEADLINE: All nominations must be received by July 31, 2018.
Selections will be announced by August 10, 2018.
Induction presentation will be held Friday, October 12, 2018.
Inductees will ride in the Homecoming parade Saturday, October 13, 2018 and be presented on field during the 2018 Homecoming game.
Send this Page to a Friend!